Are you an Arizona resident planning to move to Virginia? You must update your address in Virginia within ten days of relocating. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) allows you to change your address in two ways: online and in person. Updating your address is crucial when you move to another address in Arizona because ADOT communicates with you at your registered address to send important documents.
To change your address, you must provide your driver’s license number, date of birth, and proof of new residency to ADOT. Additionally, a license replacement fee of $12 will be required.
Please note: If you fail to update your new address in the ADOT’s records, they won’t be able to send you renewal notices and other important updates. Failing to update your address within 10 days may result in strict action against your driver’s license by the ADOT.
How To Change Address With DMV Arizona Online
You can update your address online through the official Arizona DMV website. Online updates don’t require any physical movement, but your name and address must be on file. If your address isn’t on file, you won’t be able to update your address online and may need to visit in person to make the change.
- Log in to the official website: https://azmvdnow.gov/home
- If you have a username and password, log in to the dashboard. If you don’t have an account, you can create one using your social account or by clicking the “ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT” tab.
- Find the “Address change or Update address” section.
- Follow the onscreen Instructions to complete your application.
- Review the details and pay the fee using your credit or debit card.
Allow the Arizona transport department to update your address for a few days. They will send your new license to your new address.
How To Update Your Address In-Person With DMV Arizona
If you prefer to update your address in person, you must schedule an appointment at the ADOT office. Walk-ins are allowed, but scheduling an appointment is recommended for convenience. Here’s how you can schedule an appointment:
- Visit the URL: https://azmvdnow.gov/appointments
- Click the “Schedule as a guest” or “Activate your account” tab.
- Next, select the “Arizona Driver’s License” tab.
- Enter your driver’s license number, date of birth, and Social Security Number (SSN).
- Click the continue button and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Select a suitable date and time for your visit to the DMV office for an address change.
- Choose the nearest branch office for your visit.
Print the scheduled appointment and attach a copy of your driver’s license, proof of date of birth, and new address. Bring all these documents to your appointment.
Arizona Transport DMV Phone Number
For any queries regarding change of address, other services, or to schedule an appointment by phone, you can call the official ADOT phone numbers: 602-255-0072, 602-712-322.
AZ Drivers License Replacement
You can request a license replacement online and in person for a fee of $12. If your license has been lost or stolen, you can request ADOT to replace it online. Visit the official website and follow the onscreen prompts to replace your license.
- Visit the official website:https://azmvdnow.gov/guest/customeranonymous/drivers/driverlicensereplacement/search/customer
- Verify your identity.
- Enter your driver’s license number, date of birth, and SSN.
- Follow onscreen prompts to replace your license.
How Do I Change My Address On My Driver’s License In Arizona
You can change your address online or visit an ADOT branch office. You’ll need to present your new address, date of birth, and driver’s license to the DMV. After this, the ADOT will update your address promptly and send confirmation to your registered email address.
How To Get A Replacement Arizona Drivers License
A replacement Arizona driver’s license can be obtained at any ADOT branch office or by requesting the DMV to replace your license, as mentioned earlier in this post. The license replacement procedure is simple and requires only a few steps. Additionally, if you need to review your driving history, you can access your AZ driving record online for your convenience.
Do I Get a New Driver License When I Change My Address in AZ?
Yes, in Arizona, after changing your address with the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD), you need to order a duplicate driver’s license showing your new address. The new license will be mailed to you.
Am I Required by Law to Notify the DMV of a Change of Address Within Arizona?
Yes, it is generally required by law to notify ADOT’s Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of a change of address within the state.
Conclusion: Address changes are essential when you move to a new address in Arizona. You must update your address within 10 days of moving. This post outlined two ways to change your address with ADOT. Choose the method that best suits you or call the Arizona Department of Transportation for more information.