Getting a copy of your lost, damaged, or mutilated car title is very simple in North Carolina. Even if you have lost your title by mistake, it is very important to carry the document which makes it very important to get hold of a duplicate copy if your car title. This can be easily done either online or offline by physically visiting the DMV office or any of its branches, nearby. However, the fees for the application needs to be submitted, physically. We will be discussing the process in detail. So, if you are looking for answer on how to get a new title in NC! This can be of great help!
How To Get A Duplicate Title In North Carolina
To get a duplicate title in North Carolina, first of all you need to hold the required set of documents by your side and keep the application fees of $21.50, ready. Once these documents are ready, you can proceed with the following steps.
- Visit the official website of NCDMV and download the application form for duplicate title (MVR-4).
- Fill in the details as per the records on your original documents.
- Visit the office and pay the fees of $21.50 in person. Please remember, there is no other way to pay this amount.
- Submit the form either online or offline by visiting the nearest branch office of NCDMV.
- Once the submission is done, after verification and processing, you will have your duplicate car title within 60 days of the form submission.
What Are the Requirements to Get Duplicate Title in NC
NC DMV title replacement process needs a particular set of documents and a step by step application process to follow in order to get a duplicate title in NC. Here is a list of requirements, an individual needs to produce in order to get their duplicate title issued from the DMV-
- Proof of identification or state issued ID
- Notarized application form duly filled in by the applicant
- Valid driver’s license with “active” status
- A valid ID as well as a photograph of the applicant with NCDMV that should not be older than 5 years.
- Application fees of $21.50.
Once you have all the required documents and is ready to proceed, firstly fill in the details on the form, online and later submit the fess, in person to start the process. Once these proceedings are done, post verification, the duplicate title will be issued in North Carolina.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Duplicate Title In NC
To replace a lost car title in NC, a process needs to be followed along with the right application fees payment. The Division of Motor Vehicles then offers the duplicate licence in NC within 10-15 business days in the normal course. However, there are options under which the duplicate license can be issued the same day or the next day, too under the instant title process. however, this facility is only liberated under substantial conditions and reasons.
How Much Does It Cost To File For Lost Title
In order to file for the lost title, all it takes is submission of a notarized application seeking the need of issue of a duplicate car title in the name of the applicant. Similar to other documentary requirements, there is a set cost for applying for the car title which accounts to $21.50. However, this fees needs to be submitted in person and no online payment method stands valid for it. Post submission of this fees only the application process begins.
Getting a duplicate car title in NC will require a submission of notarized application for the same along with a processing fees of $21.50 which has to be submitted, physically. Few original documents will also be needed for the same to validate your identity and vehicle ownership status, as well. Post submission of all the required documents and fees, the process will begin and a duplicate car title will be issued in the name of the applicant as per the required tenure. It is a simple process and does not give much of a hassle.