The Louisiana DMV offers a wide range of online services to reduce customers’ wait time and speed up paperwork. In the United States, all DMVs have developed an online appointment scheduling tool to process customer requests systematically. All you need to do is schedule an appointment using your supporting documents, which must be required when you schedule an appointment for a driver’s license, learner’s license, Real ID, road tests, and more.
How to Schedule An Appointment at Louisiana DMV?
You must be aware of which service you wish to obtain from the Louisiana DMV. After this, visit the official website of Louisiana to make an appointment to process your request. The steps explained below help you understand how to schedule an appointment at Louisiana DMV.
1). Open https://www.expresslane.org/
2). Choose a Service such as a driver’s license Renewal, Vehicle Registration Renewal, etc.
3). Enter the credentials If you already have signed up. If you are a new user, click “Create an Account” to get credentials.
4). Select location and then Appointment Type.
5). Select the Date & Time
6). Complete the required fields to make an appointment.
DMV Louisiana DMV Written Test Appointment
Everyone must pass the written test to obtain an instructional permit in the office of motor vehicles in Louisiana. The motor vehicle department will ask questions from the Louisiana driver’s manual. The test consists of 40 multiple-choice questions, in which you must answer at least 32 questions with the correct answers to qualify for the test. You must be at least 14 to apply for the DMV written test and need to schedule an appointment.
- Visit the official website: https://book.appointment-plus.com/cxxs7kke/#/#/Click the “BOOK APPOINTMENT.”
- Select the testing location.
- Now choose “First Time Drivers License/ID/Real ID, Out-of-State Transfers, and TIPS.”
- After this, select the appointment Time and Date.
- Enter your contact information to schedule an appointment.
- Create a password to create an account.
- Please review your details and submit them to schedule an appointment.
Log in to your account with your credentials and print the scheduled appointment. Also, bring identification documents when you visit the Louisiana DMV branch office.
How To Schedule Louisiana DMV Permit Test Appointment
The office of motor vehicles issues an E temporary instructional permit (TIP) before issuing a driver’s license. Your age must be at least 14 to apply for an instructional permit. You must submit proof of driver’s education course if you are a minor. The instructional permit allows you to practice driving under the supervision of a licensed driver. To schedule an appointment for a permit test, follow the instructions below.
- Open the appointment scheduling tool: https://book.appointment-plus.com/cxxs7kke/#/#/
- Click the “BOOK APPOINTMENT”
- Select the branch office nearest you.
- After this, select the “First Time Drivers License/ID/Real ID, Out-of-State Transfers, and TIPS.”
- Select the time and date.
- Enter your details, such as name, phone number, and other required information.
- Create your password to create an account.
Print the scheduled appointment copy and attach all the required documents to visit the DMV office in person.
How To Make Louisiana DMV Road Test Appointment
You must prove your driving skills in the testing location in front of the examiner, and if you are a minor, you must carry a licensed driver to the testing location. You will also need to furnish a vehicle for the road test, and the car should have an inspection certificate and valid insurance. After meeting all the requirements, the examiner will allow you to prove your skills. Before taking a road test to improve your driving skills and insight, listen to the examiner’s instructions while operating the motor vehicle in the testing location. Follow the guidelines below to schedule an appointment for the road test.
- Visit the appointment scheduling page https://book.appointment-plus.com/cxxs7kke/#/#/
- Click the “BOOK APPOINTMENT” tab.
- Select the testing location nearest you.
- Select “First Time Drivers License/ID/ Real ID, Out-of-State Transfers, and TIPS.”
- Select the time and date.
- Enter your name, phone number, and address to schedule an appointment.
- Create a new password to create an account.
Log in to your account and print the scheduled appointment to visit the office of motor vehicles testing location for the road test.
How To Make An Appointment at DMV For Louisiana Vehicle Registration and License Plates
To operate a motor vehicle on Louisiana roads and highways, it should have valid registration and license plates. Unfortunately, the motor vehicle office does not allow online vehicle registration appointments. You must visit the branch office nearest you to register your car and request license plates. In addition, you can call the DMV office to learn about vehicle registration and license plates.
Louisiana DMV Appointment Phone Number
The motor vehicle department in Louisiana allows customers to learn about driver’s licenses, renewals, and more by phone: 225-925-6146. Also, you can request DMV staff to schedule or cancel the appointment.
Louisiana Driver’s License Appointment
Follow these simple steps to book your Driver’s License Appointment easily:
- Open https://www.expresslane.org or Click on This Link.
- Click on Driver’s License
- Then Again, Click Driver’s License, located on the right side.
- Enter the credentials If you already have signed up. If you are a new user, click “Create an Account” and enter the requested details.
- Select location(Example: Baton Rouge) and then Appointment Type.
- Choose the Date & Time.
- Enter the contact information to complete the process.
Louisiana Driver’s License Renewal Appointment
These steps will assist you with Driver’s License Renewal Appointment:
- Open https://www.expresslane.org/
- Click on Driver License Renewal under Feature Service
- Click on Let’s Get Started at the bottom.
- Click on “Yes” after reading the Certify Conditions carefully.
- Enter the Driver’s License Renewal Information and hit the “Continue” button.
- Select the Payment option and pay the renewal fee.
- You will be provided with a temporary license which will be valid until you get a permanent license in the mail.
Important Note: If you have updated your name or address or have lost or damaged your LA driver’s license, you cannot renew it online. You have to visit the nearest office to renew it in such cases.
Best Times to Visit the Louisiana DMV
The best times to visit the Louisiana DMV are:
- Afternoons are busier than mornings. So, visit the DMV office morning or evening times.
- You can visit the DMV office in the middle of the week to reduce your wait time.
- If any paperwork or road test is required, try to visit in the morning slots.
Louisiana DMV Online Services List
You can see a list of services offered by Louisiana DMV. See the list of services mentioned below before scheduling an appointment. You must schedule an appointment to obtain these services in the (LA)Louisiana DMV branch office.
- You Can Renew and Apply For a License
- Real ID
- Address Change
- Duplicate And Replacement Your License
- You Can Transfer your License to Louisiana
- Driver Registration
- Medical And Vision Requirements
- We Can Apply For New CDL and also Renew CDL
- Medical Status Consultation
- Self Certification
- Renew ID card
- Apply For Duplicate
- Title And Registrations
- International Registration
- Declaration of Non-Use
What Documents Are Required For Louisiana DMV Appointment
People who are applying for a driving license or travel ID are required to bring some documents with them while visiting the DMV office.
- U.S. citizenship proof or passport or birth certificate
- Social security card or W-2 form
- Two documents as proof of residence in Louisiana
The documents mentioned above should be original and stamped if necessary. Suppose you have already submitted all or partial documents while booking an online appointment, depending on the necessity of the respective process. In that case, you may only need to bring an identification card or driver’s license at the time of your visit.
How to Cancel Or Reschedule DMV Appointment At Louisiana
If, in any case, you wish to cancel or reschedule your booked appointment, you are suggested to do it at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment.
You can call Louisiana DMV or DMV official website to cancel or reschedule your existing appointments. However, some states may not provide an online cancellation service, so you must do it through a call.
Louisiana DMV Offices List
The motor vehicle department arranged a vast majority of branch offices to provide service across Louisiana. You can select a branch office nearest your home or office while making an appointment. Also, you can change the branch office location 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. However, some branches do not allow you to change the location online; thus, you must call the customer service center to change the office location. If you can’t change your location, you must cancel and reschedule the appointment before 24 hours. See the list of DMV offices below.