Moving to Ohio? Don’t forget to update your address with the Ohio Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Failing to do so within 10 days can result in fines and other penalties. By updating your driver’s license and vehicle registration information, you can ensure that you have a valid license and registration when it comes time to hit the road. We have gathered all the important information you will need to fill out your forms for changing your address and registering your car in Ohio.
What are the Required Documents for Ohio Driver’s License Address Change
When updating your address with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, it’s crucial to gather all the necessary documentation beforehand to ensure a seamless and efficient process. These documents serve to confirm your identity, legal presence, residency, and other pertinent details.
- Proof of your full legal name
- Proof of your date of birth
- Proof of your legal presence in the United States (e.g., birth certificate or U.S. passport)
- Social Security card or other proof of your Social Security number
- Proof of Ohio residency (e.g., utility bills, pay stubs, or official correspondence sent to your Ohio address)
- Your Ohio driver’s license or ID card number
- Your old and new addresses
- Proof of signature (e.g., Ohio driver’s license or Ohio ID card)
- Additional proof of residency (e.g., deed/title, mortgage, rental/lease agreement, or bank statement)
As you proceed with your address change, keep in mind that preparation is crucial. With our thorough checklist, you’ll effortlessly handle the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles’ requirements and complete the process with confidence.
How To Do Ohio BMV Change Of Address Online
As we told Changing your address with the Ohio BMV is an important step when relocating. To make the process as smooth as possible, ensure that you have your driver’s license or ID card number ready. We have outlined a series of clear and concise steps to help you navigate this task efficiently. We have provided a set of simple steps to make this process easy.
1. Visit the Ohio BMV website and locate the change of address option.
2. Enter in your date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number (SSN), first letter of your last name, and Ohio license, ID number, or Key Number into the required fields on the application form.
3. Carefully review all details for accuracy before submitting it online.
4. If additional documents are needed as part of this request, scan them and upload them onto the form as necessary.
5. Once the application is complete, consider whether you need to request a replacement license.
6. Pay any applicable fees via credit card online and wait for updated documents to arrive via mail within 10 business days from submission date.
We showed you how to update your address at the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. You can do it yourself or make an ohio dmv appointment. Now you know what to do and have all the information needed. You can now continue with your life in Ohio.
How To Do Ohio Driver’s License Change of Address Process By Mail
To update your address via mail in Ohio, you’ll need to first fill out the Ohio BMV 5756 Change of Address Form. Once completed, mail it to the Department of Public Safety’s Deputy Registrar Services at the following address: PO Box 16520, Columbus, OH 43216-6520. Upon receipt of the application and any additional documents required to prove residency such as bank statements, mortgage/title/rental agreement, etc., staff members will process your request promptly and accurately to ensure all information is up-to-date.
What Is The process For Ohio Change of Address Driver’s License In Person
If you prefer to update your address in person, you’ll need to locate your nearest BMV driver license office. Bring along the Ohio BMV 5756 Change of Address Form and fill it out at the office. You’ll also need to provide proof of residency, such as a bank statement, mortgage/title/rental agreement etc., and pay the $24.50 fee for replacing your driver’s license. The same documents will be required for changing your address on both your driver’s license and vehicle registration.
Ohio driver’s license change of address Cost
To change your address on your Ohio driver’s license, you’ll need to pay a fee of $24.50.
Do I need to update my vehicle registration after changing my address?
Yes, you should update your vehicle registration with your new address. This can usually be done same time with the driver’s license address update and for how to check license points ohio visit this.
How long does it take to receive my updated driver’s license in the mail?
It typically takes around 7-10 business days for your updated driver’s license to arrive in the mail.